We offer a limited number of travel grants for students.
Students who apply for a student travel grant must
- currently be a full-time student (master or PhD) at a higher education institution. Their student status has to be confirmed via an e-mail of their principal supervisor to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be a template for the confirmation e-mail with the application form.
- have an accepted abstract submission as first author to ICEI2018 for an oral presentation, a poster or a demo.
- not have a travel grant from another institution.
- fill out and submit the application form as soon as possible after receiving notification of acceptance of their talk/poster/demo, but not later than August 5, 2018. The application form will go online when registration opens (last week of March, 2018).
Applications arriving after the deadline or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Successful candidates will receive a maximum amount of 1,000 € to cover their travel and accommodation costs, and their conference fee will be waived. They have to make their own arrangements for travel and accommodation. The grant can only be paid as reimbursement on site. The exact amount awarded to each student will depend on the amount spent for booking the transportation and hotel.
The selection process will consider the quality of the accepted abstract as well as the statements in the application form on the significance of the research topic and on the relevance of the conference for the student’s work.
Preference will be given to
- students from countries with developing economies and economies in transition as defined by the World Bank
- students with an accepted abstract for an oral presentation
- PhD students
- students attending the full conference week
Please use the provided application form to apply for the travel grant.
Applicants will receive a notification by August 12, 2018.
If you have questions regarding the travel grant application process do not hesitate to get in touch via email@example.com.